Caz here with my first “Wednesday With” and today I wanted to share with you a cute little sleeping Whiskers card. I so enjoyed creating the sleeping Dutch the Fox and Honey the Bear in last months Designer Challenge that I wanted to create another. And this time I chose Whiskers the cat to be the next sleeping beauty.
As with most of the Pop it Up cards I make I tend to make the front of the card really simple and go to town on the inside of the card. So let me talk you through what I did to create the inside.
1. Cut a piece of white card at 6″ x 9″ and score for folding to make a 4.5″ x 6″ card.
2. Cut decorative paper slightly smaller than card, fold and stick in place with glue runner.
3. Align the Lorna Label Pop it Ups die over the centre fold on card. (I have positioned to the right of the card.) Run through cutting machine, since you are cutting two pieces you might want to roll back through the machine to make sure all layers are cut.
4. Once cut glue patterned paper into place properly making sure you get all the folds of the card. You’ll also need another piece of patterned paper to be the backing card. Again, just cut it slightly smaller than the card, fold in half, and glue behind the pop-up, making sure to avoid all the pop-up areas with adhesive. Decorate the front of the card with a decorative Paris Edges die and a greeting of your choice.
5. Cut other pieces as per photograph below – Two pieces from the Lorna Label Pop it Ups die, one in wood paper and one in silver mirror, Two frames from the Rectangle Pull Card, a bath from the Bathtub Pop Stand in brown (trim off the sides as shown) and I partially cut a bathtub with pink card to make the cushion.
6. Cut Whiskers background from grey cardstock (see photograph below) I cut off Whiskers’ head (sorry) and then in the three places marked I cut out small pieces to create legs and definition on the tail.
7. Use the head that was removed, and trim it down slightly (photograph below) where shown and cut a top layer from grey card. Use a black pen to colour the nose and mouth part and draw two small semi circles for eyes. Stick that part back into place.
8. Using pencils I decorated Whiskers to create a grey tabby. I used the restyled Bathtub to create a comfy stool for Whiskers to sit on and used the other dies that I had cut to create a faux mirror and little picture frames. I printed out photographs of some of my other pop-up cards in miniature to fit the frames. The feet of the footstool are attached to the lower pop-up platform of the Lorna Label. Follow the photo below to arrange the other pieces into a cozy little scene. The stitched decorator die that comes with the Lorna label is the perfect size for a greeting of your choice.
9. I really had to make myself stop from adding more, but I couldn’t resist hand cutting a little mouse door with a piece of cheese outside. I added bows to the purrfect kitty and mirror to really make it look like a place fit for a pampered kitty.
I would love to see how you decorate yours, or how you restyle one of the Characters to make them sleep.
Materials Used :
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Black Ink Pad
Decorative Papers from Crate