Hi It’s Kelly Booth here
I have a fun Rectangle Pull card to show you today! I was playing with the Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel Off Stickers and trying them on different mediums. I played with coloring them on sticky back canvas and discovered it can be really fun but works much better if you apply a light layer of gesso to the canvas first. See tutorial below.
1. Cut a piece of white card stock 6″ x 11″ and score in the middle at 5″.5″ . Place the rectangle Pull Card Die on the center lining up the nubs on the fold and run through your die cutting machine. Fold the Rectangle Pull Card and trim down so the card in the closed position is 4″ 3/4″ by 5″ 1/2″.
2. Unfold the card face up and water color random circles all over this piece, I used Koi Watercolors by Sakura but you can use any watercolors for this.
3. While you have the watercolors handy, cut a small rectangle from the rectangle Pull Card set and watercolor random circles on this piece as well. When dry stamp your greeting onto this piece and set aside.
4. Take a piece of sticky back canvas about 5″ by 4″ and cover it with a light layer of Gesso and let dry. Using the Flower Vases 1 (2590) Peel Off Stickers in Gold remove one Rectangle with Vases, one Med Circle and one Flower with no stem and place onto the sticky back canvas. The Gesso gives it some tooth so the markers do not bleed. Color using markers of your choice. For mine I used Tombows. Cut out the shapes staying close to the gold edge and set aside.
5. Using the Rectangle Accordion die cut two of these from red cardstock (all you need are the centers so it can be from scraps) Snip the connection points and tabs off so you just have two large rectangles .
6. To assemble the card, first remove the backing from the flower vases sticky back canvas and adhere to one of the large red rectangles. Put some Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Tape on the back of the red rectangle and place it onto the center front of the card.
7. Put some strips of ECD Double Sided Tape on the back of the other rectangle and place it on the inside of the card lining it up with the red rectangle on the front so it does not show when the card is closed.
8. Place the watercolored sentiment piece in the center of the large red rectangle on the inside of the card.
9. Take a Scrap Piece of White cardstock about 4″ by 3″ and back it with ECD Double Sided Adhesive and cut the Speech Bubble from the Rectangle Accordion Set and adhere to the top of the red rectangle greeting piece. Using the same die, cut a yellow “hello” with yellow card stock backed with ECD adhesive and place it onto the speech bubble.
10. Remove the backing from the medium canvas dot and place on to the closure tab on the card. Remove the backing from the Flower and place to the right on the speech bubble.
Your card should look something like this!
I Hope you have enjoyed the tutorial today, if you have any questions please leave me a comment below and I will answer. Thank You….
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Paint Brush or Water Brush
Red, White and Yellow Card Stock
Sticky Back Canvas
Black Dye Ink
Dye Cutting Machine
Sentiment Stamp – Printworks