Good morning crafty friends,
This is Rita Edwards here. Today I would like to share my new nautical-themed Thank You card with you.
As always, I hope you have a nice cup of coffee or tea in your hand so you can sit back and enjoy my tutorial.
This is how you can create this fun nautical card:
1. Cut wood patterned cardstock 6″ x 12″. Score at 6″ and fold to create top fold card base.
2. Cut a piece of the same wood patterned cardstock 6″ x 6″ and adhere to the top portion of the inside of the card. Cut blue cardstock 6″ x 6″ and adhere onto the bottom portion of the inside of the card.
3. Using the Ring Accordion Card die set, position the largest accessory die 1″ from the top and 1″ from left side on the front of the card base and die cut. This cut will serve as the base of the ‘porthole’.
4. Using the Ring Accordion Card die set, trace around the outer ring edge and fussy cut the blue cardstock, create 4 large circles. Using the same die set, position the largest accessory die in the center of these large circles and die cut. These larger rings will be the outer frame of the ‘porthole’.
5. Using the Ring Accordion Card die set, position the largest accessory die inside the ring card die and die cut 4 rings, cut out center label and trim off the long side tab to create rings. These smaller rings will be the secondary frame of the ‘porthole’. Using the same ring card die, die cut clear acetate, which will be used as the window of the ‘porthole’.
The photo below will show you all of the ring cut pieces for the ‘porthole’ frame.
6. Adhere 3 of the larger rings onto the card base to create a large frame around the ‘porthole’. Adhere 2 of the smaller rings onto the larger rings to create a smaller frame around the ‘porthole’. Adhere the acetate circle die cut on top and finish with the last smaller ring die cut. Adhere 1 large ring die cut onto the inside of the card base with one smaller ring die cut on top. Place red glitter dots onto the larger ring frames to complete the ‘porthole’. Set aside.
7. Die cut 10 flags from patterned and blue papers using the rectangle flag and label dies from the Lots of Pops die set. Adhere the flags onto thin natural hemp cord. Make sure that the sting is long enough to cross the card from the left all the way to the top right corner. Set aside.
8. Have Double Sided Adhesive, Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, Fishes and Lighthouses
Peel-off stickers in Gold, white cardstock and a clean non-stick craft mat ready for this step:
Peel off the release sheet from the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet and adhere the adhesive side to white cardstock. Peel off the other release sheet and place it upside down on your craft mat
(shiny side up). Place the peel-offs upside down on the release sheet (sticky side up) and place your white cardstock with the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet applied to it on top. (This will pick up the stickers onto the adhesive.) Turn over, remove the release sheet and cover adhesive and peel-offs with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger. Brush off the excess glitter; return it to the jar for other projects.
9. Use your Copic or other alcohol markers to color the glittered peel-offs. Fussy cut around the peel-offs. Els has a wonderful video demonstrating this technique on YouTube: Silk Microfine Glitter – Coloring with Alcohol Markers
10. Adhere the flags and bell onto the card front with foam squares. Adhere the glittered fish and seaweed, as well as the gold outline bubbles (circles) on the inside of the card, making sure that one fish is centered under the porthole. (Refer to photo.). Add Glitter Dots in Red and Blue to the fish. Add Glitter Dots in Red, spaced at even intervals around the porthole, on both the inside and outside of the card.
11. Die cut Thank You from blue cardstock. Adhere to lower right corner of card front.
As always, I would like to thank you for following my tutorial and I hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I did creating it.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies used today:
– (778) Lots of Pops die set
– (904) Ring Accordion die set
– (788) Thank You die
– (7018) Glitter Dots Peel-offs in Blue and Red
– (2574) Lighthouses Peel-offs in Gold
– (2349) Fishes Peel-offs in Gold
- (641) Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
– Double Sided Adhesive
– Momenta cardstock
– The Gilded Paper stack by DCWV
– Beach House paper pack by the Paper Studio
– Natural hemp cord
– Foam squares
– Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
– Toothpick or a corsage pin to apply glue to hemp cord
– Copic Markers: G21, G99, R59, Y08 and 0 (colorless blender)