It’s Frances here today. Christmas is less then a week away, so I am sharing one last Christmas card I created using Peel-Offs and one of the Stand Up Helper Word dies. This card is a variation of one created by Karen Aicken earlier in the year where she had the main stand up portion of the card in the center and two flat panels on either side. I thought it would be fun to just have one flat panel on one side which means the side panel can be adjusted depending on how you wish to decorate it. This also makes it easier to use the longer Stand Up Helper word dies for this style of card. If you want more details on Karen Aicken’s card you can find it here.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of white card so it is 5 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches. Score at 4 1/4 inches along the 8 1/2 inch side and fold. You now have a card that is 5 1/2 inches x 4 1/4 inches.
2. On the front of your card measure 1 3/4 inches from the left hand side. Use your trimmer to cut from the bottom of your card to the fold line to create two separate pieces. Cut only the two pieces on the front of the card. Decorate the left hand panel with designer paper which measures 1 1/2 inches x 4 inches and the right hand panel with designer paper which measures 3 1/2 inches x 4 inches. Find the centre of the right hand panel, score and fold into a mountain fold.
3. Open the right hand panel of the card and measure up from the edge of the card 1 1/8 inches, position the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper die so that the straight edge of the die is on the 1 1/8 inch mark. Make sure the die is centered within the right hand part of the card. Secure die with removable tape so it doesn’t move while die cutting. Tip: Ensure both the left and right hand front panels are lifted up when die cutting the sentiment. Die cut the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper die again this time from red card, trim along bottom edge and adhere to the Merry Christmas on the main card. Fold the Merry Christmas up so it is standing upright.
4. Cut a piece of blue designer paper 3 3/4 inches x 3 inches. Adhere this to the inside of the card so it covers the hole from when we die cut the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper. Make sure there is approx an 1/8 inch border on the right hand side and the top of the card. Cut a piece of designer paper 3 3/4 inches x 7/8 inches and adhere this to the right panel in front of the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper die. (Note: a small amount of designer paper will be in the area under the left hand panel).
5. Glue the left hand panel to the back panel.
6.From the Jackie’s Christmas Dolls in Oval Peel-Off Stickers, place the Girl with Handwarmer and Hat Peel-Offs onto white card that has Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet on top. Remove release sheet, cover peel-offs with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired. Add Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots to the circles on the girl’s dress. Cut out oval shape and hat.
7. Use the main die from the Accordion Oval Card set to cut an oval from white card. Trim out the inner oval and use this to layer the Jackie’s Christmas Dolls in Oval image to. Place foam tape to the lower half of the back of the image and attach it to the bottom portion of the right hand panel.
8. Adhere the hat image to the bottom right hand corner of the card as per photo. Add three of the black snowflakes to the blue designer paper on the inside of the card.
9. Die cut two of the small snowflakes from the Snowflakes Die set from white card which has been covered with Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm. Remove protective backing and add Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. Add Red/Gold Glitter Dots to each of the snowflakes. Attach to left hand panel using foam tape.
Above – The card shown closed, ready to go in an envelope.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper (939)
Snowflakes Die (757)
Accordion Oval Card (772)
Red/Gold Glitter Dots (SKU 7018)
Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots (SKU 7018)Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639) Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet (502) Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm (508) Other White Card Carta Bella Bundled Up 6 x 6 Paper Pad Foam Tape